The REECH Foundation provides students the opportunity of academic achievement and exposure to diverse areas through hands-on, innovative programs with the hope of ultimately inspiring them to reach their maximum potential and become significant contributors to society.
It was founded by Don & Lakeisha Carey to impact inner city youth by expanding their horizons to new opportunities they may not have known existed. They believe that by providing students the opportunity of academic achievement and exposure to diverse arenas, they can ultimately be inspired to reach their maximum potential and become significant contributors to society.
The foundation’s main areas of focus are STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math), physical well being, health, social and moral responsibility along with vocational and collegiate preparation.
Tapping into Hard Work and Dedication to Become Great
In this episode, Jon and Don Carey discuss:
- Don and the NFL
- Empowering children
- Principles to evolve your current path
- Don Carey REECH foundation
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- Just having talent isn’t good enough to stay in the NFL
- You’ve got to have critical efficiency operating at the highest level at the most critical time
- Good is the enemy of the best — people get content with being good instead of searching for ways to be better
- The beautiful thing about sports is that you’ve got a group of people coming from different backgrounds/religions/viewpoints and banning together for a cause
“The important thing to figure out is your skill set and how you can maximize that skill set in a productive way.” – Don Carey
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Don Carey:
Show notes by show producer: Danielle Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.