Jeff Blackman has worked at various fast growing early stage technology companies (specifically SaaS companies). As the CFO and also COO in his last two roles, Jeff specializes in scaling these organizations and preparing them for sale. Establishing the proper systems and automating processes is critical in building a foundation for growth thus allowing for a meaningful valuation. Understanding, measuring and driving the KPIs (key performance indicators) is vital. Jeff has completed three large M&A deals in the last 4 years.
Scaling Organizations to Prepare Them for Sale
In this episode, Jon and Jeff Blackman discuss:
- Establishing the proper systems
- The right time to do succession planning
- The importance of Human Resources
- How to keep your eyes on the end goal
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- Make sure you hire the right person. Don’t settle for a B person when you can get an A person.
- Replace people before they crack
- Make sure your processes can be replicated
- Build systems with the end in mind
“You can’t change what you don’t measure.” – Jeff Blackman
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Jeff Blackman:
Show notes by show producer: Danielle Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.