What You See IS What You Get
Many speakers who claim to be “onions” – i.e. wrapped in mystical and magical layers of enigmatic meaning – have their metaphors mixed up, because they’re typically nothing but smoke and mirrors; get too close, and it’s all style and no substance.
Steve ain’t no onion.
What you see IS what you get. And what you see and get is a man who you’d probably avoid making eye contact with in an alley — or anywhere else for that matter. After all, a shaved head, Harley Davidson garb and body piercings on a 5’ 11”, 240 lb. frame don’t scream “let’s be friends!”
But that’s the irony of it all, because despite his gruff exterior, Steve is remarkably open, engaging, generous, intuitive, insightful and competent – and he’s leveraged all of this to build a remarkably successful entrepreneurial career.
In this episode, Jon and Steve discuss:
- How Steve got into making the unthinkable, reality
- Don’t settle, don’t dilute
- The common denominator
- The power of being self-made
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- People always give themselves all these reasons why things can’t be done instead of the one reason why it should
- Never asked a question that someone can answer with a “no”
- Inquisitive and self made are the common denominators with the successful people Steve works with
- It takes zero effort…to be who you really are
“I never settled.” – Steve Sims
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Steve Sims:
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.