Letting Go of the Reins for a Stronger Financial Future
Nicole brings talent, precision and years of knowledge to Planning Alternatives, providing an elite level of financial clarity for clients. She helps clients by understanding their goals and aspirations and creating a comprehensive, integrated financial plan. Prior to joining Planning Alternatives, Nicole worked for a brokerage firm helping Financial Consultants provide comprehensive financial planning services to high net worth clients.
Nicole has a diverse educational background and a lengthy list of accomplishments. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. She continued her education at Wayne State Law School and graduated with a Juris Doctor, cum laude. She holds the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation, is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Nicole is also a board member of the Wayne State University Law Alumni Association and serves on our Financial Planning Committee.
One thing Nicole loved growing up:
I loved Christmas! Don’t get me wrong, I loved the presents, but most of all I enjoyed the gatherings with my big, Armenian family. When we were all gathered together there must’ve been at least 75-100 people at my Aunt’s house. We ate traditional Armenian food and danced to Armenian music. It left a lasting impression on what family and culture means to me.
Nicole’s three words that describe a successful journey:
Fun, Fulfillment, and Love
The most influential person in Nicole’s life:
Our President, Nathan Mersereau, has inspired me on a quest for personal growth. I’ve only known him a short time, but he’s made me a better person.
In this episode, Jon and Nicole discuss:
- What a wealth advisor is and does
- Myths, facts and beliefs about finances
- How Nicole built her business
- The big picture
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- The top three goals that are most commonly important to Nicole’s clients are: family/loved ones, wealth transfer, and tax minimization
- Having a professional assist with your finances gives room for an emotional disconnect and avoids the pitfall of making knee-jerk financial decisions
- Building a true genuine relationship and showing your clients that you care is the difference between making or breaking your business
- It’s crucial that a client’s wealth advisor, CPAs and attorneys are working together
“Wealth advising is a means to an end not an end in and of itself; the end in itself is helping clients accomplish financial freedom to do what they want the most.” – Nicole Gopoian Wirick
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Nicole Gopoian Wirick:
Show notes by show producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.