Having the Mindset to Endure to the End
Finisher of over 120 ultra endurance events in 17 countries, Travis Macy is a speaker, author, coach, and professional endurance athlete. He is the author of The Ultra Mindset: An Endurance Champion’s 8 Core Principles for Success in Business, Sports, and Life, and he set a record for Leadman, an epic endurance event consisting of a trail running marathon, 50-mile mountain bike race, Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race, 10k road run, and Leadville 100 Run, all above 10,200′ in the Rocky Mountains.
In this episode, Jon and Travis Macy discuss:
- How to start having the right mindset and keeping that mindset.
- Fighting through fatigue and having endurance through your business and as an athlete.
- How consistency relates with success.
- Making time for things in your life that you want to accomplish without missing out on important events.
- What Travis does and the tools to do it yourself.
- Make sure that you outline the challenges that you might face when setting a goal.
- Think about the what and why of your thoughts.
- Decide what you value and have that direct what you do with your time.
- Do the small things every day that it takes to get to the larger goal.
“If you have a mindset of abundance rather than a mindset of scarcity that alone is going to make such a difference in how you view the day.” – Travis Macy
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Travis Macy:
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.