- Update it a minimum of one day per week with some type of new content. It’s important when people come to your site they see and experience you and your business as current.
- Use video of any type so people can get to know you. People want to connect with you immediately and form an emotional connection. You can have an intro video, a business highlight reel or anything that gives them a feel for you and your business.
- Have a cartoon white board to summarize your business in about two minutes and make it fun for the viewer.
- Make it easier to navigate to keep visitors on site longer. People have an attention span that’s less than a goldfish (7 seconds). If you don’t make it easy and intuitive for them to navigate to get to what they want, they will leave.
Always be updating your site to make it easier for the visitor/prospect/client vising to understand your messaging and find what they’re looking for.
- Provide value in the forms of videos, blogs, white papers, shared links, favorite books, worksheets, etc. Your site should have tons of value and information to make the visitor smarter. You do not want a static site.
Your website is your online storefront. Make sure it is always representing you and your voice so the customer can connect with you and get value from you every time they visit.
You want your website to be as inviting as if visitors are walking into your brick-and-mortar storefront, seeing new inventory and being greeted warmly so they experience some level of value and a deeper connection to your business and brand.