I’m not saying this to impress you, but I am saying this to impress something very important upon you about the way you look at your business.
I coach companies all over the world and they ALL have ONE thing in common. Do you know what that is? Take a minute and think about it. It is the reason I can coach any company of any size anywhere in the world, no matter what they do or sell or how many people are in it. Whether 3 employees or 25,000+ – it just doesn’t matter.
Here it is. The ONE thing companies all over the world have in common is that they ALL want to get CLIENTS IN THE DOOR and keep them coming back.
Think about it. Everything we do in sales, marketing, branding, etc. is geared towards promoting our brand and product to clients in order to get clients (paying consumers) in the door and purchasing what we are offering. We then want them to keep coming back and never going to our competitors.
This is a dramatic paradigm shift in thinking. This will funnel everything you do in the future differently because it changes how you think about everything you do. You MUST pay attention to all the nitty gritty details and you must always wonder whether this is going to get clients through the door, keep them in the store, and keep them coming back. If the answer is NO, then you move on. You pivot and you come up with the series of things you need to do to make it happen.
Here are three quick and easy things to do to make sure you are GETTING CLIENTS IN THE DOOR.
#1: Review your marketing plan/strategy.
Marketing is the controlled consistent message you use to attract clients/consumers.
- Is your message clear?
- Is it working?
- Are you getting the conversions you need?
#2 Review your branding plan/strategy.
Branding is what people say about you when you are not around.
- What are your clients saying about you when you are not around?
- Are you asking clients/consumers what they think your brand is? Does your perception match up with their reality? If not, you have work to do.
- Does your brand solve their pain and provide results?
#3 Does the culture of your company make people want to come back?
• Culture trumps everything. If you don’t have a healthy culture, your growth, sales and business will suffer.
• How can you evolve your culture to its next level?
• Does everyone in your company own its culture? If not, they must.
We all want to grow our business and improve our bottom line. This happens when you have more clients coming in the door. They don’t call it an open door policy for nothing!