Mike Todasco is the Director of Innovation at PayPal responsible for increasing the creative output of employees across the company. Prior to that Mike spent time at PayPal in Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Launch and Product Analytics roles. Before joining PayPal he was the Founder and CEO of the eCommerce marketplace, Sketch Maven.
Additionally, Mike spent over four years as the Director of Strategy, heading up mergers & acquisitions and strategic planning at NewPage, a portfolio company of the private equity firm, Cerberus Capital. He has an MBA from the University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business and a BS in Finance from the University of Illinois. Mike has filed over 100 US patents since 2013 covering payments, online and offline commerce, beacon/BLE technologies, biometrics, and many other areas.
In this episode, Jon and Mike discuss:
- Mike’s back story
- The daily life of a director of innovation
- Evolving PayPal employees to become their own CEO
- What comes after innovation
Key Takeaways and Actionable Success Principles:
- Mike focuses on making everyone at PayPal the best that they can be
- Much more of Ecommerce is moving to mobile
- You can’t underestimate the power that machine learning and AI technologies are going to have
- We don’t know what other types of technology will be produced but just take the dots that you have today and connect them
“It’s really critical to have a common purpose and everyone driving towards that.” – Mike Todasco
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with Mike Todasco:
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.