Can I eat Sushi yet? Listen to Jon’s talk with David Kraus, GM of Adachi to find out!
Jon and David talk about the state of the restaurant industry, recent pivots and innovation.
David grew up in southeast Michigan fully inculcated in the food and beverage industry. David studied social sciences and food marketing at Michigan State University. Furthering his education, he attended the Epicurean Culinary School in Los Angeles.
David’s experience spans every aspect of restaurant and bar operation, from chef to ownership and management. Prior to Adachi, David was GM of Monsoon in Chicago, Managing Partner at Parlor in Chicago and opening GM of Shibumi in downtown Los Angeles.
– Monsoon , Best new restaurants in America, Esquire magazine, 2003
– Monsoon , Best new ethnic restaurant in America, Bon appetit, 2002
– Parlor , Best new restaurants, best dessert, Chicago magazine, 2005
– Parlor , Best 100 things we ate this year, Time Out Chicago, 2005
– smoke.oil.salt. , Best new restaurants, Los Angeles magazine, 2014
– smoke.oil.salt. , as reviewed by Jonathan Gold, LA Times, 2014
– Shibumi , as reviewed by Jonathan Gold, LA Times, 2016
– Shibumi , 101 Best LA Restaurants, #2, Jonathan Gold, LA Times, 2016
– Shibumi , 4 stars, Besha Rodell, LA Weekly, 2016
– Shibumi , James Beard nominee for best restaurant in America, 201 6
– Shibumi , 1 Michelin Star, 2019
Connect with Jon Dwoskin:
Get Jon’s Book: The Think Big Movement: Grow your business big. Very Big!
Connect with David Kraus:
*E – explicit language may be used in this podcast.