As salespeople, we must always know what our clients are thinking. How?
- Regularly check out their websites and social media accounts.
- Never go a month without talking to your clients or prospects. Two weeks is better.
- Always follow each call with a quick email briefly summarizing the highlights of your conversation.
- Ask at least one pertinent follow-up question to keep the conversation flowing.
- Always push for a one-on-one meeting, be it in person or via Zoom.
- Stay on top of your industry’s news, forecasts and trends by reading trade magazines, following relevant social media and networking as often as possible.
Taking the time to thoroughly understand your market or industry makes you a thought leader in your clients’ eyes. And becoming a thought leader means you have thought big – Really Big!