“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
It’s February 15, and there are less than two weeks left until March! Here are five tips to take your time management to extraordinary levels:
1. Review your calendar each morning and before you leave the office. Prepare your upcoming day and stop feeling rushed.
2. Review your calendar on Friday before you leave the office or on Sunday before you start the week. Get organized for the week.
3. Wake up 30 minutes earlier than you typically do and do something for yourself. Find your new pace.
4. Get to the office 30 minutes earlier and/or stay 30 minutes later every day. Do the math: This adds 2.5 weeks to your year!
5. Block 20-minute increments in your calendar. Stop blocking one hour, do 20 minutes. It’s easier to do three 20-minute increments in a day than a one-hour block because we are all multitasking so much.
Here are some of my favorite things this February:
Book of the Month
Time Power: A Proven System for Getting More Done in Less Time than You Ever Thought Possible
Brian Tracey was the first speaker I ever listened to, back when I was just 18 years old. He taught me so much about business and time management. Enjoy!
Podcast of the Month
The Less Doing Podcast
Ari Meisel does a great job giving solid best practices to make the most of your time. Download it today!
Product of the Month
Levenger Triple-Decker Pocket Planner
These are the greatest pads to get you really organized!
Mindtrap Question of the Month
In the “Strange” family, each daughter has the same number of brothers as she has sisters. Each son has twice as many sisters as he has brothers. How many sons and daughters are in the family?
Answer will be in next month’s newsletter. Feeling strangely unsettled not knowing the answer? Call or email me.
Last month’s answer:
$50 + $5 + $2 + $2 + $2 + $2
(How can you give someone $63 using six bills, without using $1 bills?)
Pay close attention to how you spend your time during this shortest of months. Resolve to make every second count as you take your business to new heights.
Have a great month – and THINK BIG!